Monday, February 2, 2009

"Clazziquai Project" is a gem amidst the K-Pop refuse

I know this band has been around for quite awhile and that they're popularity has waxed and waned with the concurrent popularity of the K-drama, My Name is Kim Sam Soon aka My Lovely Sam Soon, but I've recently rediscovered them (as I was negligent and forgot to transfer my CP collection from my old Dell to my new Macbook).

Anyways, I normally don't like the assembly line J-Pop wannabe style characteristic of K-Pop, but I really dig the acid jazz music from Clazziquai.



While I like the original the most, it's also nice to understand the lyrics (English version of Dance):


A fan made MV of Be My Love and She Is, with scenes from My Name Is Kim Sam Soon:

2 comments:

nonchalanti said...

can you hear the bossa nova influences? i love it!

-molly

Unknown said...

Definitely!

I've heard some people call it "acid jazz" too, which I think is more accurate of their other songs (besides "Dance.")

I've seem to have lost the URL link to that one, so you should either start writing in "nonchalanti" or give me the link haha.