Thursday, June 11, 2009

Keep your Olympics Beijing, Taipei has the Deaflympics!

Taipei is hosting the 2009 Deaflympics!

Beijing spent millions and had Zhang Yimou direct the Olympics opening ceremony to much fanfare, but not to be outdone by its sole adversary - Taiwan went all out this year.

Even commissioning aboriginal Taiwanese singer, A-mei (the same singer that was once banned from singing in China) to sing the DEAFlympics theme song, "Dreams You Can Hear." (Cruel irony or spiteful Taiwanese humour?)



Suck on that, commie bitches!


While the oppressive neighbor to the north gathers the world's premier athletes from around the globe, the mini-island below does one even better! Taiwan has gotten the world's deaf athletes to gather in the polluted Taiwanese capital to compete in athletic events ranging from cycling to swimming.

"To qualify for the games, athletes must have a hearing loss of at least 55 db in their "better ear". Hearing aids, cochlear implants and the like are not allowed to be used in competition, to place all athletes on the same level." (Source: Wikipedia)



P.S.: If you think I typed any of this with a straight face you're a damn idiot and don't deserve to be reading this blog entry. The fact that I even include this note at the end shows how much faith I place in the mental acuity and reading comprehension of my astute readers. Cheers.

2 comments:

klng said...

^ LOL, this is hilarious!

I decided to start blogging again. Law school is stressful, so my blog is mainly about fashion, scams, and my modeling photo shoots with full size images (when you click on the picture). I need some ridiculous thing to balance out the seriousness of my everyday life. Haha.

klng said...

http://klngsartorial.blogspot.com/ is my URL. I added you to my blog's list of blogs.