Monday, February 18, 2008

Pingxi Lantern Festival

So I haven't updated in awhile because my internet is extremely slow plus I've been pretty busy with well...life.

Here are some photos from the lantern festival. Most of the pictures came out pretty poor due to the bad lighting and dreary weather.


This was on 3 sides of an ice cream machine. It was too great not to chronicle



I thought this one would fall and burn up but it later gained altitude again.


Many of these lanterns would fall and in a blaze of glory. This one hit the street lamp I was standing next to and poured some of the petro on me which slightly scalded my forearm.


I was teaching her how to use a digital camera...

One of the few pictures of the sky lanterns that came out somewhat clear. The white specs are water landing on my lens...

My classmate Chido and I set off a sky lantern along w/ hundreds of others

They looked like this on my camera...



Yes I want to get a new camera....nevertheless it came out pretty cool I think. I think the second photo looks like fluorescent bacteria in a petri dish.

No comments: