Tuesday, October 21, 2008

"It's been said since time begun, youth is wasted on the young"

The grass is always greener, eh?
Before I got this job I thought I was wasting my life and was desperate to start making money and start getting real work experience...and now that I'm in that position I want nothing more than to have my freedom and idle time back.

Everyday is the same now. I rush off in a daze to my hour-long commute to work. Waiting for the subway, waiting for the bus, always waiting for something...Then I get to work and wait for the workday to end so I can go home and eat something.

The world's on fire
and my heart keeps on telling me that these are early days
Philosophy don't worry me
I've changed my mind so many times so many ways
and acting like the only one of thinking about what I have done I've found
experience is cursed
It's been said since time begun, youth is wasted on the young


-Driftland, "Youth is Wasted on the Young"

No comments: