Monday, November 5, 2007

Good News Articles about the ROC and the PRC

ROC
(daytime view from Taipei 101 observation deck)


3 NY Times articles on travel to Taipei:

Why you should go to Taipei

Taipei finds it's groove

Taipei's night life

PRC

A Time article on China's emergent middle class:
China's me generation

(actress in a Beijing dance studio)
(30 yr old actuary in her Beijing apt.)

(actress in front of Beijing's skyline)

(I also read an MSN article stating that China is ranked 5th in most # of millionaires, the U.S. I believe is still in 1st place but China has the fastest growing population of millionaires I believe it rose around 34%. Based on anedoctal experience, I have never seen so many luxury cars, i.e., Rolls Royce's, Bentleys, Mercedes Benz's,. Audi's, etc. in my life before I went to Beijing).

In other news, my cell phone is messed up. I can no longer receive text/SMS messages. The screen is also blank. I must have dropped it one too many times, I don't know. I'm also not even halfway through my comic book, Sacred Land. So far it's about the farmer flinging manure at the troops sent to quell their protests.

No comments: