Saturday, August 25, 2007

ARC and Post Office

ARC (Alien Resident Card). My aunt and I waited for hours today to get my ARC. I couldn't even get it today. Then I had to go to the post office to open up an account because my scholarship money will be deposited there (post offices in Taiwan are different....) they won't deposit the money into a private bank, only gov't controlled post office. I couldn't do that today though bc my aunt only brought a copy of the temp ARC... At first they asked for my stamp thing but I don't have one of course...

I HATE bureaucracy. It's so inefficient and tedious.

Anyways, I'm exhausted. I went to return my "Alias" DVD and apparently it was overdue so I was fined 20 yuan. I got the next DVD...I finished both disc 6 and 7 tonight and now I'm done with "Alias" season 4. I can't wait to watch the last season...season 4 ended on a cliffhanger...Michael Vaughn is a "bad guy" and it was no coincidence that he was Sydney's handler. Furthermore, his real name isn't even Michael Vaughn. Once he revealed this to Sydney their car was smashed into by an SUV...

For lunch I went over to my aunt's house and called my mom...it was her birthday and I forgot...

I love my aunt's fishes. They are such curious fishes always swarming over to me when I sit down and observe them.


My aunt cooked for me today. She said she stewed the beef broth for 3 hours this morning. It was really good. Then I got zhua bing and shen jian bing for post-lunch snack. We got there around 4 pm when it opens in shida ye shi and we got there before the rush (they even had a counter going-ppl had to pick a number...and remember this is at 4 PM....). I was too lazy to take pictures but I took a picture of the lady cooking the zhua bing. I added garlic and chili sauce to it-delicious. I washed it down w/ hong cha gen limon (black tea + limeade)-very refreshing.


For dinner I had Korean food (Korean food and Thai food seems to be very popular in Taipei)-bulgogi with 2 eggs over easy. Ha tai tang (seaweed soup) and sweetened black tea (hong cha). For dessert, I got boba drink and ice cream (vanilla and mocha flavors). Vanilla is called xiang cao....'fragrant grass'..I was confused at first...I guess grass refers to the vanilla bean...



I'm going to go shower and then watch"Fantastic 4: Rise of the Silver Surfer" now.

No comments: