Thursday, August 23, 2007

Spirit of Taiwan; Taipei 101

I just read my cousin's, Ben Chang's, e-mail reply and it started out as "Welcome to Taiwan.

FOOD is the spirit of Taiwan. so it's good to know that you start learning Taiwan by eating much. good :)"

LOL.

On that note...this is what I had for breakfast:


corn flakes & soymilk (I'm sorta lactose intolerant).


Coconut and raisin bun

raisin bread with sweet red bean paste filling

taro bun

[Oh yeah before I forget I wanted to update on my aunt's personality bc it's pretty funny. I've noticed how she treats complete strangers as if she's known them for years or as if they are her workers. She also directs people around like in the taxi she would constantly tell the driver that he is taking the wrong route or to take the freeway because the traffic is bad and which turn to take. Also, at the car repair shop she just drove straight on to the raised ramp without saying a word I saw one of the employees eyes widen like dishes as he just watched. Then she got out and addressed the manager of the shop saying that she doesn't trust any jerkoff with her car she wants the boss himself to do it. He said they just need to replace a screw any kid can do that she was like no you have to do it.

Later, she told me everyone else waits outside and then drives up after they say so but she just drives straight on to the ramp without waiting and talks to the manager haha she cracks me up. Oh and then we were walking on the street and it was crowded...I saw her just push (not hard but firmly and steadily on this girl's back to get her out of the way LOL. I saw the girl turn around and glare but she didn't say anything. My aunt acted as if nothing happened.

I asked her about it and she was like well I wanted her out of my way, so I just pushed her away haha. She is always so friendly and superior the way she acts around strangers it's quite amusing...like she has a strong sense of entitlement...I think it's bc she was raised in such uber-wealth, plus she was older than my mom and she said she took care of my mom like an older sister (jie jie).]

Taipei 101 photos:














I'm too exhausted to add captions to my photos or write about my day...suffice it to say I was with my cousin, Yun Han, and her friend and we walked around all the shops around Taipei 101 this entire day...literally. My legs and feet are so sore.

1 comment:

m0m0cow said...

oh my! that LOVE statue thing picture looks EXACTLY like the LOVE park one in Philadelphia!

SOMEONE STOLE SOMEONE'S IDEA!! O_o