Saturday, August 18, 2007

Taiwan breakfast feast & other misc. pics

My first morning in Taipei and I feel much better after some sleep and a refreshing morning shower. These are some photos I took during breakfast.


Agua de life-without this I would be a dead xpat in Taipei.

LOVE...Kolin (local Taiwanese brand, like Sanyo, Sampo, or Acer) AC wall unit-without this baby I would be barely functioning as a human being. Nobody should take AC for granted. The heat and humidity in Taipei is a formidable adversary but modern technology is pretty impressive too. I can guarantee without this commerce, innovation, politics, CIVILIZATION would come to a halt in Taiwan, Hong Kong, India, South America, etc.


Orange Juice and Yogurt-DELICIOUS. The yogurt was probably one of the best I've ever had. It was so rich and creamy and not overly sweetened like in American thick yogurts. This kind was drinkable. The orange juice had lots of pulp and tasted almost fresh squeezed.
Bananas! Here's my daily serving of fruit.


Some kind of nut bread with pumpkin seeds on top and a slightly sweet moist outer layer.
I bit into it and there were sweetened walnuts inside!


A delicious pastrami sandwich with lettuce, pickles, mayonaise, and ketchup (I think?). The mayonaise was different than American mayo. It was very creamy and slightly sweet. The bread was interlaced with two different types of soft flaky bread-it made a braided design on the top and bottom (it didn't show because of the flash).
Fish sandwich-I believe it was tuna. It was very savory and satisfying.
Egg custard/tart (dan ta)


Non-edible items:


This is the body soap, shampoo, and conditioner I bought at a local Taiwanese grocery. It's great stuff. The dove soap is actually different from American dove soap and I think it's a lot better. It also has a great light scent unlike the American version.


I don't know why the picture came out sideways. Last night they delivered my fridge and hot water machine.The cell phone lent to me by my cousin (it belongs to his sister-hence the light pink color).

Alright time to call my tax driving cousin to take me to get a cell phone of my own!

No comments: