Wednesday, August 22, 2007

Exotics Foods Pt. 3, Ceramics Street, Bing Lan

So I was going to update last night, but I was too tired. Facebook is a lot easier so I already uploaded some photos from yesterday on there (I'm going to try and not post any photos I already put up on fb-I think I might start putting all my Taiwan photos on Google Picasa Web as a repository and just selectively post ones on Blogger and Facebook later). They are photos from the outing with my cousin's family and my cousin's wife's brother, Ah Xiong (who is a native Taiwanese-he's really dark-and I suspect a liu mang-Chinese gangster).

So I didn't really enjoy the exotic foods I had yesterday...I think it was too much, too soon.



This wasn't that exotic-I liked this.

This on the other hand....not a big fan of this...


This was alright-duck.

I don't even know what this is...goose something...intestines maybe?


Snails...without the slime. Hong Yi said you can get it w/ snail slime as well....lovely.

PIG UTERUS...I am not joking. Hong Yi said they don't have this everyday...LUCKY ME!

I mean...just LOOK AT THIS! I don't know what it is...I think he said small intestine (pig)?

I told my aunt what Hong Yi was taking me to eat and she's never even eaten it before! She said it sounded gross haha.

Dinner wasn't so bad:


Fish soup -I didn't have this. The soup has traditional Chinese medicine in it and it's really good.


Awajin- scrambled eggs with corn starch and oysters and sweet and tangy sauce.



So this post would have been a lot longer but I already commented and posted a lot on Facebook and I don't like redundancy. Anyways, Ah Xiong kept saying I was very guai (obedient) because I didn't smoke, drink like a mule, nor visit whorehouses...His smoking didn't bother me much until we were in a tiny bedroom for 3 hours. When I woke up from a nap my contacts felt horrible because of all the cigarette smoke. He already had a racking cough. I'm surprised his body doesn't just give up from the abuse he does it. His teeth are stained a reddish brown from all the bing lan (betel nuts) he chews too. I also noticed the whites of his eyes had a yellowish tint. His skin is so dark that it has a reddish tint to it, like Native Americans sort of-he does construction out in the sun all day. Not to be un-PC or anything but I think the native Taiwanese/aboriginals (forgot the Chinese name for them) are like the blacks in America.


We went all the way to Ying ge and it was CLOSED.
Hong Yi and his family at the lao jie (old street).



Hong Yi looking like a liu mang.


Ah Xiong (native Taiwanese/aboriginal/yuan zu ming)


Hong Yi's wife and kids.


Temple:








our pottery:

It still needs to be fired in a kiln and then they will paint it for us. It will be ready to be picked up in 2 weeks.

No comments: