Sunday, October 7, 2007

Cabin Fever; Internet; Iwo Jima

I've been stuck inside all day and I'm starting to get cabin fever. All I gotta say is thank god for the internet. I've been watching DVDs and free movies/TV shows online (I'm not going to name the site, but I found out about it from a comment made on a YouTube video...ah the beauty of the internet). I'm currently waiting for a "4400" episode and "The Bourne Ultimatum" to finish buffering. I went through several episodes of season 4 "The 4400" and season 1 of "Firefly;" they are both sci-fi/fantasy TV shows. I just finished watching "Letters from Iwo Jima," which I heard is better than "Flags of Our Fathers." After my shower I'll probably start "Flags." (I haven't showered in awhile bc last night there was only cold water and being couped up in a small apartment all day eating junk food + not showering + Taipei's heat and humidity...not a great combination--to be blunt, I'm pretty rank). I'm really getting sick of the sound of rain. The rain has let up a lot since this morning and last night but it's still relentless. At least now I don't have to use my headphones to hear though...

I really can't wait for it to stop raining. Aunt Mimi says the typhoon should be gone by tomorrow morning. I can't believe it's nearly Sunday.

My internet has been acting up though. It's really slow and I like to open up multiple tabs and windows but there's an issue with right-clicking and the box being hidden behind windows. I don't want to restart bc my movies/TV shows are still loading and are nearly done.

Anyways, I really like this song from "Iwo Jima." It really fits the movie.



I felt the movie was kind of slow and dragged along at times. I liked the faded out grey tint of the movie, though I feel like Clint Eastwood is overdoing that. All of his recent movies have been some melancholy and the picture is always a somber grey tint with all the colors faded out. It does the trick, but it's overplayed.

No comments: