Friday, October 19, 2007

Dinner with Judo Club Members at 長壽 BBQ/Buffet Restuarant

So today I went to dinner w/ the Judo club members and we got all got on motorbikes to this restaurant in 公館 (Gong Guan), which is close to 台大 (Taida). It was DELICIOUS! It was an all you can eat BBQ place. For just 330 NTD, there was a buffet area w/ all sorts of meats, seafood, fried rice, stir fried noodles, cold noodles, all sorts of salads (great potato salad, seaweed salad, sprouts, kimchi, etc.), appetizers, soup, rice, fruit punch, pineapple, chocolate cake, green tea...oh it was heavenly. Oh and every 30 minutes or so they would come out with a new dish sometimes it was marinated raw meat which you took back to your table and grilled it over glowing charcoals or it was a dish already cooked (i.e., honey glazed yams with sesame seeds, spicy Korean dough things...don't know what it's called, soft shell crabs-already cooked in a spicy sauce, lamb chops (raw)). Anyways we ate for more than 2 hours. At the end we didn't even have to pay for the meal bc the guy said it was covered by our 500 club fee that supposedly we already paid for...eh anyways.

I'm definitely going back to this place. Oh and I asked but nobody really knows the third character so the name of the restaurant is 長壽__前 (Chang Shou). Go to this website and if you know the 3rd character-post a comment! (www.llbbq.com.tw)=> OK I think the third character is just an antiquated way of writing 站(zhan).

Oh in class today we talked about plastic surgery (美容)and Maru mentioned how Koreans all get their eyelids altered and then Jimmy said that in America a lot of parents buy a pair of silicone breasts for their daughters when they graduate from high school haha. Anyways, it reminded me of that when I got on Facebook bc one of my Facebook friends joined this group called, "Face it-Some Asians Are Just Unbelievably Hot And Beautiful!" So being a curious being, I browsed the photos and videos posted in the group.

I found this K Pop song to be really catchy:


And I found this J Pop music video to be hilarious bc of the inane lyrics and how she constantly gropes her own boobs.


Oh and Yosuke (AKA Yo-Yo) taught me a lot of dirty Jap phrases:
Baka Jin (dick...I think?)
Jinkasu Yaro (Jizz)--this one was hilarious bc he explained in broken, rudimentary Chinese w/ hand motions
Shinei (go die)
Hala yi bai (I'm full)

Oh and it's past 2 AM...but I'm not tired. This is bad since I went to class this morning at 11 AM...and class starts at 10:20 AM. I hope I won't be late for class again tomorrow morning. Luckily today we didn't have our quiz until the third hour. I think I'll review for my quiz quickly and then watch a "4400" episode and then hit the hay.

Update: SHIT! it's 12:14 AM and class ends at 1:10 PM so...it's not worth getting up for class now. That means I have missed today's quiz AND today's activity (debate/skit), where I represent the boss. Man, I really need to fix my sleep cycle.

No comments: