Tuesday, October 16, 2007

Chinese Medicine/Food; Tae Kwon Do; Kickboxing; Midnight Meal; Test

Today Liwen took us to the much touted Chinese medicine restaurant...and I have to admit I was skeptical bc zhong yao or "Chinese medicine" doesn't exactly conjure up great culinary pleasures like a filet mignon or Korean Kal bi BBQ beef does...but it was delicious! I was really impressed. It wasn't what I expected. I got the ___soup w/ free range chicken (I won't even attempt to spell out the Latin word for the Chinese medicinal soup...pax something...and it's supposed to be good for my skin). Maru got the Ginseng chicken soup and rice w/ free range chicken strips and sauce. Li wen is doing some Buddhist thing where she only eats veggies for 10 days...so she got this cabbage dish and a enoki dish (the little white mushrooms) both were also delicious. I also got a xi mian (thin noodles w/ some sauce-really good. And I got a green tea sweetened with honey. After eating everything I felt really healthy and clean inside as well as satisfied and full. I'm definitely going back there in the future.

Today was the first time I went to the TKD club and I didn't know what to expect but it was a really fun workout. I love the feeling of kicking as hard as you can into pads. Next time they are even going to start sparring.

Right after TKD I rushed off to CKS Mem to kickboxing and I went to the advanced class today, which was cool bc we learned how to do a proper uppercut with both hands. I still need to remember to keep my guard up since in TKD we keep the guard pretty low near the chest...since it's not really close combat like boxing/kickboxing but more long and mid-range w/ lots of kicking (so protecting the face is not as important as low blocking of kicks to the legs and torso).

So after working out from 7:00-11:30 PM, needless to say I was famished! (I had dinner at the Korean place right before TKD). So on the way back home I called Xuan Zi and luckily he was home. So we went to the 24 hour diner type place but it served Taiwanese food. I got an egg pork chop burger, some veggie sandwich (shao bing), green tea, and a scallion pork bun.

I feel like this Taizhong biking trip on Saturday is getting in the way of a lot of stuff...Cheap Hippie Kickboxing is having a big party that day...and it's also Conor's Bday....oh well I think I'll be able to make it to Wax on Sat. when I come back.

Now it's time to study for my test. I also have an activity tomorrow where I represent the boss and I need to debate the workers who are going on strike...but that's easy so I'll just wing it.

Heard this song during kickboxing (Danish music):


the music video is disturbing...yet cute, since it's animated...

No comments: