Thursday, October 4, 2007

Long Week..and it's only Wednesday

Man it's been a long week...and it's only Wednesday.

I'm pretty pissed bc it's been about a week and a half since I've gone to gymnastics and I finally decided to go today and the only guy from our group who was there was David, who left for dinner soon after I arrived-he said he's going back to the gym after dinner to workout in the weight room. I called Wei Yuan and found out that just for today practice was to be held at 6 PM...wtf. I didn't get the memo...apparently he said he just found out at 4:30 too and 4:30 PM is the usual time of practice. This happened last Friday I went (I was 2 hrs late but that's bc I had to meet w/ my language exchange partner) and when I arrived there wasn't much of anything going on so I decided to leave. I'm so pressed for time that I haven't had time to go to my internship, English tutoring sessions, nor extracurricular stuff that I want to check out (like the free Muay Thai lessons at CKS)...so showing up to gymnastics and wasting my time doesn't rub me the right way.

Anyways, so instead of studying at night I've been watching "4400" a lot. In the last episode I watched near the end they had a dramatic montage accompanied by the song, "Into the Fire" by Thirteen Seasons.



Original song (nearly 2 minutes shorter):



The good news is that Jenny from the MTC office told me that my scholarship should be deposited this Friday. Thank goodness. I can't wait to get shitfaced on Thursday. This week has been dragging along.

I heard there's a typhoon coming, which normally would be cause for celebration...only it's coming on Sunday...hopefully I can miss Monday though. Keeping my fingers crossed.

UPDATE 10:10 PM:

I went to Judo today...I intended to go to gymnastics but it got boring so I told our group leader I was going to the weight room...then David showed up after dinner and we crashed the Judo class( he's a blue belt and has been taking Judo for 8 yrs...so he ended up teaching me for awhile). It was pretty intense...and fun. I sparred (for lack of a better term)..wrestled/grappled with this Spanish guy who learned Ninjitsu so he kept using these dirty ninja tricks on me. He would fall on the ground and then kick me over his head and then twist my arm around. At one point I realized he wasn't letting up and my arm is not meant to be twisted at that angle so I told him to stop. He also kicked my foot so that skin was ripped off...I guess he has long toenails. I'm going to gymnastics and Taekwondo tomorrow to see how that goes. I already agreed to buy a Judo uniform...I think the price is steep (800NTD) but David insists that's really cheap for a Judo uniform since they are really thick; he said he wore a TKD uniform once and it just ripped during Judo.

After class I went to dinner w/ the two black belt Judo guys (one of which is the teacher). It's funny how ppl are outside of a formal setting. During practice they are so serious and disciplined...outside of class they just talked about going to pubs, picking up chicks, and that their gfs are NOT in Taipei..if you get my drift. Shaun (Guo Shi Rong) the guy who showed me his Judo scars--he had surgery on his knee bc the cartilage was ruined when his knee went the wrong direction during competition--invited me to his house bc his friends were playing mahjong but I don't play so I said some other time.

No comments: