Friday, September 7, 2007

Earthquake!

Holy shit! I just experienced my first earthquake ever!

It was a really minor one no doubt but still a highly peculiar experience. I heard a loud noise outside and then I felt the entire building (I'm on the 5th floor wobble around and shake). I was lying in bed (it's 2 AM) and I was just lying there still as can be but being jostled around as my bed wobbled around. It was sort of fun but also sort of scary and unnerving. I was afraid the building would collpase or the roof would cave in or if the quake was going to get more severe.

Anyways, I better try and sleep bc the teacher told Yong Am and me specifically to get to class on time tomorrow...

Holy crap I just felt another tremor. This one was about 1/5 the severity of the previous one but I'm in my chair and it just jiggled in place. It's really the strangest feeling. At first I thought some type of construction equipment was actually demolishing or moving this building....then I realized it was a minor earthquake.

It was so small and the fact that I've never experienced one made me start to doubt if it really was an earthquake but I just checked and my first reaction was correct. earthquake

O.K. time to listen to Sigur Ross on my ipod and drift off to sleep.

Flugufrelsarinn

No comments: