Saturday, September 22, 2007

Incubus; TrippinTV; Engrish; Long Weekend

If you let them make you, they'll make you paper-mache .
At a distance your strong until the wind comes, then you crumble and blow away.
If you let them fuck you, there will be no foreplay.
But rest assured they'll screw you complete 'til your ass is blue and grey.

I'm getting back into Incubus. I listened to them in middle school or junior high and then stopped. The above lyrics are from "Make Yourself," I think the second to last line is pretty sick.

So I got an e-mail yesterday, which informed me that my travel blog was featured on TrippinTV (www.trippintv.com, it's still in beta form). That's pretty cool...and embarrassing since my blog is nothing but random tidbits about my life here in Taiwan. Oh and the article is pretty spot on haha...this blog was intended only for close friends but oh well. In fact, it's more of a blog for myself...I'm chronicling what I do in this short year, lest I forget all my great experiences (I'm sort of curious how they found my blog since I barely tell anyone the URL).

So I was talking to a friend (I don't think I'll be naming names anymore) yesterday and he was saying that since he came to Taiwan he hasn't had sex in a month (since his gf is back home). He said that masturbation in Chinese is na shou qiang ('holding a hand gun') or zi wei zi ji HAHA i thought the first slang phrase was hilarious. The second one is pretty funny too but it sounds kind of gross...since wei usually means feeding a baby food...so that phrase translates to 'feeding yourself' uhh well I think in this case it's supposed to mean 'comforting yourself.' It's onani-I think-in Japanese.

Oh yeah and I loved this! It's the 'Engrish of the Week' from Engrish.com.
The sign is from Bangkok, Thailand...oh those Thais...



Oh and if you're bored or procrastinating (I went to that site last night when I was supposed to be studying for my quiz), check out the ADULT section of Engrish.com it's HILARIOUS. For instance, the sign at a buffet that read, "tofu salad and steaming cock."

Okay time to cram some more before today's quiz.

I can't wait for today's class to end because then the long weekend (zhong qiu jie) will start! I'm going with my cousin (Yun Han) and her two friends to Pescadores (Peng Hu) via plane.

No comments: