Friday, September 7, 2007

First test

The test wasn't nearly as bad as I expected it to be. I had some difficulty with the essay portion of course bc I couldn't write some words..so I just wrote the simplified version (if i could) or the pinyin for those.

After class I went to sign up for the language exchange partner program (which is required for scholarship students) but they all left for lunch...

So the French girl (she probably has a name but who cares...she sorta gets on my nerves..she's overly sensitive and kind of annoying-i won't get into that now...), Maru, Jimmy, Nico, and I all went to Shida Lu for lunch and I called my neighbor to see if he wanted to grab lunch. So we agreed to meet at the bookstore. Then he took us to this Yunnan (province of China; the japanese students thought it was Vietnamese at first..Yue4 Nan2= Vietnam) restaurant. It was quite good. Several ppl got kung pao (gong bao ji) chicken but I got a yunnan basil beef dish which had cherry tomatoes, and dong gua. It also came with free passion fruit juice or plum juice and a free red bean dessert w/ coconut milk on top. The total was 120 NTD each-pretty cheap and really good. Then outside I got a refreshing large green tea, which was only 15 NTD!

Then I went to the language lab and listened to lesson 18. I'm now going to take a power nap and then go jogging on the treadmill at the gym. I might go check out the kungfu place that Zach Lifton goes to later...but I have to find out the address...I think the price is pretty steep though..300 per session...that's like 10 bucks each time.

I heard Taekwondo is free if you join the club at Shida..so I'll probably just do that instead but I have to find out when and where the club meets.

I need to exchange my clip on fan at the night market bc the tightening bolt isn't working. I also need to buy sandals there cuz whenever it rains I nearly slip bc all the traction has rubbed off (probably from a summer of walking on stone paths in Anhui nong cun; plus i played outdoor bball wearing sandals too).

Ben Chang called me-tomorrow he, yun han (other cousin), and I are going to the Modern Museum of Art. Thank G-d tomorrow is Friday!

I'm getting tired of doing homework and studying until ban ye every night.

UPDATE 8:36 PM.

I got new sandals and they are AWESOME.

The most comfortable sandals I've ever gotten.

They have these raised bumps with great cushion capabilities.


*In other news, I took 2 pictures of my dessert w/ my camera phone, but I don't know how to move it to my computer...the camera came w/ a USB cable too...usually when I plug it in it automatically shows up on my Mac...maybe my Vibo phone is not compatible w/ Macs.

(**My free Vibo phone rocks. I found out by playing w/ it that it can surf the web, record video, play movies (already has 2 Chinese movies on there!), play TV shows, text, has cool wallpaper like ICE (my current one), cool ring tones, currency converter (i use this all the time!), alarm-you can set and save multiple ones-which i do, calendar, calculator, games, timer, calculator, and probably a ton more functions i haven't discovered yet....).

Well the dessert was strawberry ice cream w/ fresh fruit (kiwi, strawberry, banana slices, etc.) and some gelatin at the bottom.

And for dinner I had seafood udon noodle soup.
_____________
I never liked John Legend until I came to Taiwan (John Legend and Jay Z are quite popular in Taiwan).
This song was on their iTunes list when I was at Ying Ge making pottery (speaking of...my ceramics should be ready to be picked up now)...I looked on their computer and then came home and looked up the song on YouTube...i think it's pretty relaxing music. So I've been listening to this song a lot lately:

No comments: