Tuesday, September 11, 2007

Exhausted

This program is so intense...

The teacher thought the class was moving too slowly so she said the lesson test will be on Wednesday instead of Thursday...and there will only be one quiz, which will cover both 41 new vocab words and grammar from lesson 18. Jesus, I thought this class was already moving really fast, I mean 2 days to cover one lesson (I don't think 3 days covering one lesson was too slow...) Everyone thinks so too, I don't know what's the rush. Nico already dropped to a regular class because she thought our intensive class was well..too intense (and she dropped before the teacher increased the pace of the class).

Oh yeah I forgot, we also have a group report on a movie we have to watch together. I was paired with Masao and Li Si (French girl). At first we agreed to meet at my aunt's place and to rent a DVD but then we decided none of us have the time so we are just going to discuss the first "Pirates of the Caribbean;" we are going to decide who says what tomorrow after class.

We also have a ton of homework due tomorrow. We have to create four different stories using different (assigned) vocab for each story. It's going to be another long week...

Luckily, Ho Laoshi's sister called and I told her about my test so once again I have cancelled my tutoring session...I moved it to Friday but she said Sunday would be better...now I remembered I have a USC alumni event on a ranch on Sunday but she said her son would call tonight. I think I'll say Thursday or Friday is better for me.

At this rate, I don't know if I will even be able to start my unpaid internship...I'm so busy everyday and on weekends I have plans. Maru said we are going somewhere else this weekend...I forget/didn't understand where we are going though...

Well in other news, I went to the student club fair today with Maru. It's a good thing Maru was there bc I couldn't read any of the signs...it nearly gave me a headache. There was so many ppl...it was so chaotic. I signed up for all these clubs but I doubt I will have the time nor the interest to join even half of them.

The clubs I really want to look into are Taekwondo, Gymnastics, Wu Shu, Judo and maybe...ceramics, calligraphy, and aikido.

_______

After dinner I went home and ate a couple passion fruits, an orange, and a kiwi and some green tea while watching MTV True life, specifically a documentary on ppl with differing levels of autism (sever autism, autistic savant, Asperger's, etc.). I think it helped put into perspective my situation right now. There are some ppl who even struggle with basic spoken English (most ppl seem to consider English to be the easiest language-Maru who is Japanese said today during lunch that he thinks English is definitely the easiest language), much less one of the hardest languages in the world-Chinese.

No comments: