Monday, September 3, 2007

Taiwanese haircut and Ho laoshi's sister (mei mei)

So I got a haircut today...I'm not sure if I like it yet because it's very Taiwanese/Japanese mullet style. I took some photos after I got out of the shower with my MacBook, so there's no styling to it (after blow drying though). When the hairdresser, Eason, was showing me how to style (add texture, etc.) and blow dry my hair I told her that I never blow dry my hair, but she told me that in Taiwan it is a must because of the humidity. Eason said water and oil in my scalp would collect and then form bumps on my scalp if I don't blow dry my hair...it sounded pretty disgusting so I agreed to start blowing drying from now on. Eason said my hair was so thick it was like a helmet...hrmm... I told her I didn't like the new haircut but she said I would get used to it.


In July, when my hair was still relatively short...

In August when my hair was getting long...

And now with my new haircut that I'm still learning to get used to...

There's a semi-mullet in the back. She said to let the back grow out (into a full fledged mullet).



Anyways, tonight I'm seeing Ho Laoshi's sister, who lives in Shilin district. She called me today to have dinner at her house. She said she would call me at 6:30 PM. I'm going to be tutoring her sons in English (one is 21 yrs old and I believe the other is 15 yrs old). It's going to be difficult because I've never taught someone one-on-one tutoring without explicit instruction from a higher authority. I've only taught large classes and one-on-one in Atlanta but I had vocab cards in that instance.

No comments: